Western Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Consortium Conference
The Western Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Consortium Conference will be held on March 6 and 7, 2023 at the OHSU Knight Center Institute in Portland, OR.
The speakers in this conference will include experts in:
- Approaches to sustain and build upon colorectal cancer screening programs so that a greater segment of the population is reached
- Highlighted programs from around the nation and the west with successful colorectal cancer prevention and treatment programs
- Review of how data should be collected and reported for the colorectal cancer care continuum
- Explore systems that screen and treat the uninsured and medically underserved
- Explore solutions to the emerging problem of increasing colorectal cancer incidence in younger adults
- Examine the roles of health insurers and large comprehensive medical systems in increasing CRC screening rates
- Programs that engage primary care physicians and gastroenterologists
- Discuss and give examples of the role of public health professionals in increasing CRC screening
- Discuss the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on screening and care delivery for colorectal cancer
- Understand national advocacy efforts to improve colorectal cancer
The concept of the Western Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Consortium Conference (WC4) was conceived in 2019 and modeled after the Southeastern Colorectal Cancer Consortium.
The Southeastern Colorectal Cancer Coalition has been in place and successful for several years, hosting an annual conference with topics spanning increasing CRC screening, reducing health disparities,
government rules and regulations related to CRC, survivorship and much more.
In 2019 the Board of the California C4 voted to utilize this model to develop the Western CRC Consortium Conference. Its function is to manage local and national barriers to CRC populations,
with focus on uninsured, underserved, and undocumented populations. WC4 also serves as a resource for relative testing for CRC family history and survivorship.
For more information about the Western Colorectal Cancer Consortium Conference please email email@example.com.